Tuesday 10 January 2012

Still learning


Mum and Kendi
In Gods infinite wisdom – He formed Kendi and ensured that she would be the first child I would nurse. God knew that this girl would have the capacity to endure a first time mum, because I did not know much.
She is truly is special to us. She is compassionate yet full of life, I wish I had half her energy.  

I am so sure that this girl will grow up do exploits for the kingdom of God. She will not rest until she accomplishes all the plans and purpose that God has for her. I have been reading a book “Loving the little years , beautiful awesome book, which has taken my motherhood to a new level, the writer says that in every vice, there is a virtue, it’s just the other side of the coin and we need to look deeper at the hidden good qualities in our children that sometimes manifest themselves in form of “sin”

For example
Kendi quickly notices that I have a scar on my thigh.
She asks “Hey Mum, what happened here”
Mum: “Dad placed a burning stick on me by mistake but I am good”
Kendi: “Oh No..That is very bad; I am going to kill him” ( Wonder where she picked that?)

Scenario two
Kendi: Dad, are you going with us? (We were going to visit a friend)
Dad: No…You go with Mum
Kendi: “Why?”
Dad: Because Mum does not want me to go with you (Dad was Joking)
Kendi: Oh...No, I will beat her up! ( Wonder where she picked that too?)

You and I know that all the above is nothing but wrong!!!!!I can we can assure you that Kendi was dealt with accordingly for her nasty responses. However, I was also quick to note that she has the potential to deal with injustices and does not want anyone to suffer or be treated unfairly.  A good activist I guess!!!!However, we need to look for a way of harnessing that so that it comes out positively than negatively.  I am learning, this is a new area for me and I hope that we can all learn together. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yes -- we do learn from our children!! That will continue all of your life, I promise.

    ReplyDelete