Monday 23 January 2012

Turning tables

On some days when I get home from work, one of the kids will run up to me, right at the gate and give me a great hug. While the other might just continue doing their stuff, not even bothered that Mum is home. This happens interchangeably. Sometimes I find myself having something nice to bite and I give the hugger. When the other child realizes, she runs and says I want, I want, with tears and occasionally trying to bribe with a hug or a fake hug for that matter!! So I always ask them-Is the hug genuine or all you need is the sweet or chocolate.

(Well, that is the nature of children and all of us; we are born sinners – aren’t we?)

As the year began, I am sure many of us made resolution and have goals for the year. I have a few too and I hope that by the grace of God I can meet them.

However, my one and greatest and deepest desire is to pursue God-for love.

I have come to realize that many times in our lives we seek God for the good and not the best reasons.  We are so accustomed to what is in it for us – to the point that we treat God in the same manner. I believe that love should be the very motivating factor that drives us to do the things we do and all the more we need to pursue God for love.

The other day I thought-what if – God said, that you will not get all the great things and material blessings that you are expecting this year? All the prayers you have made on financial increase, promotion, and successful projects will not come through. However, He promises that he will give you Himself and that you and Him will truly bond this year. How would you react to that?

God-you are giving me God…only God? Okay Lord, I need you but trust you me, I need all the other good stuff too!!! Well, that is what most of us might contemplate.

The beauty of it is that He says, seek Him and all the other things will be added unto you. So worry not, that is his promise and he remains true to His promises. But get the catch here… Seek him first and not for all the other things…but for Him.

What I am saying is, let’s turn the tables and start this year on the right footing. Let’s seek His face and not his hands. Let’s seek the provider and not the provisions. Let’s not just pursue our purpose in life and forget the purpose giver. He is King, He is Lord and I love Him!

1 comment:

  1. You paint a beautiful picture of homecoming! I recognize the portrait -- I've lived it. Working mothers, the world over, have, too. "Seek the provider and not the provisions." I hope you know I'll blog on those words!

    ReplyDelete