Monday 7 November 2011

I am not the same

Something happened sometime back at my work place that pushed me to the wall. I was so angry to say the least and I kind of behaved in not a nice way. And to be honest I did not think I was off the line until later at night when the Holy Spirit gave me a good snapshot of my day and I thought to myself-what a day? I felt I had let God down and I do not think I glorified God in my actions.

Thank God that the Holy Spirit leads us to repentance and not condemnation. So I took the matter to God, I told Him that I think I have embarrassed him so much and I have sinned against him too. So today am here, reminding us that we all fail, we all hurt people and we say things that we shouldn't do most of the times out of anger.

One of the things that I have done is to apologize to two of the persons that I thought I hurt and though when I did so they said- “Ooh no, not to worry, I think we messed you up too”. I told them, yes sure but I should have acted better, I said things that I should not have said to you all the same.

So Mums, we must always ask God to help us, work on us, remember that we are not perfect- we need the Holy Spirit everyday to guide us and lead us to know all the mistakes and sins that we commit so that He can continually refine our character. One thing I am sure is this, if the same day were to present itself again, I would behave differently. I have moved a step further, I have grown up!

Lets’ purpose to change for the better and let’s allow God to work on our character. He is the potter!

1 comment:

  1. Well said sis, its amazing how a moments reflection on our thoughts and actions can help us realize we need God! I am touched that you were able to apologize, it takes humility. I pray God that I would have the strength to do the same. At times its not easy!i believe if we yield ourselves to God's will His character will rub off on us.

    ReplyDelete