Sunday 20 November 2011

Coco Fudge Cake

My friend Kate Kogi recently asked me to ensure that I look out for her new friend who was joining our court, Rachel Koski and ensure that I make her feel at Golf course II. She described her as a pleasant, outgoing and all things nice. Good, we hooked up finally and trust you me, she was all that and more. Her lovely family came over for dinner and brought with them a coco fudge cake. It was yummy to say the least. My kids loved it. So I promised to make them some time and requested Rachel to mail the recipe. They also have a new friend - Nani and they play so well together. 

So, yesterday I decide to make the cake. I have been so busy I cannot remember the last time I made treat for the family. They were so exited. It was easy to make. I mixed everything in the bowl and whipped it up and there was the cake.  I am not a good person with following instructions, details are not so part of my life,so I kind of like mix them gather them recipe. God help me with patience. 
Cocoa Fudge Cake
12/3 cups flour

11/2 cups sugar

2/3 cup cocoa

11/2 tsp baking soda

1tsp salt

11/2cups butter milk, ( or mik or maziwa lala)

½ cups Kimbo ( Blueband)

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla


Heat oven to 350degrees, grease and flour 9 by 13 cake pan

Mix all ingredients in a large bow.

Pour into pan, bake for 35-40min. 

The best part for me is MIX ALL INGREDIENTS IN A LARGE BOWL
and the final product of course. 

Hope you are having a great weekend. 

4 comments:

  1. OK, I'm with you on all of the ingredients -- except Kimbo. And, although we would use buttermilk (it would help with moisture and rising) what is 'maziwa lala'? See, I get to learn something new and different? I do believe people should learn every day (a scripture is my favorite.) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you met the koskis! we are anxious to get back and meet them, too. we'll all have to get together sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimbo should is some sort of butter or margarine. We use it for cooking, well I guess that is what it is supposed to mean here, so I used margarine. Maziwa Lala... this is sour milk, rather fermented milk...Thanks...Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Roberts...sure we will do a hook up together when you are back. They are such pleasant people..we have done a few visits with each other...and Nani comes over to play with Kendi and Tana. They talk about you too and I guess all of us are looking forward to meet Ezra.

    ReplyDelete