Friday 4 November 2011

My boss

Today, we spent most of the morning at school getting updates from teachers on how our kids are progressing. It was quite an interesting time to hear other peoples opinions of your children, it a very objective way of looking at them and we just thank God that our kids are fine, not perfect though and the teachers love them so much.

So I get home and I am having a one on one conversation with Kendi that goes like this.

Mum: Kendi, I had a good talk with Ms. Joy today and she tells me that there are a few things that we need to work on

Kendi: Even me i will talk your boss

The conversation ends here because i am in shock!

Okay guys-this caught me off guard. But to be honest-i thought it was too much coming from my little girl, to to to wise for her age, but it made me wonder, if our kids were to talk to our employers, what story would they hear?Do we maintain same standards that we demand on them.

Have a great weekend.

Once again, I am little bit busy than usual, but will keep trying to blog as much as i can.

3 comments:

  1. Hi -- I just couldn't pass up the photo of those three lovely (and lively!) children. I had to find out more about the Mum who loves them and our Lord. I'm Mum to three, Grammy to seven grand- and nine great-grandchildren. No longer a working Mum, having reached the biblical three-score and ten. I promise to stop by and visit, often. I have much to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ems, this experiences are all the same and I agree that we must be careful of what we present to our young ones. Remember they learn from what wed o not what we say.

    The other day I had taken Diellah for clinic and Riannah came with us to police over us and ensure we were not taking the sister for a jab. As we left the clinic Riannah kept on insisting that she wanted some fries...which I promised to buy. Having learnt from earlier experiences I had carried enough snacks for her which she had inhaled before we left the clinic. As I drove on she kept on asking for fries , it reached a point I kept on affirming I will buy for her but she kept on insisting until I got worked up. So my conversation went something like
    Ri: Mommy please buy me some chips
    Mom: Immediately I get a chips shop (as she calls them) I will buy you some
    Ri: Mommy please wont you buy me some chips
    Mom: I have promised you I will buy for you so just be patient
    Ri: Mommy si u please buy me some chips
    Mom: Aah! Riannah now just Shut up and wait
    Ri: Mom you have said shut up and its bad manners to say shut up. Teacher said we shouldn't say shut up. Mom does your teacher allow you to say shut up? - I am a trainer so she so she thinks I am in a school like her
    I tell you this was one of the most humbling instances for me to be corrected by my three year old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooops mum! God does use the young babes to minister to us, and keep us on track to. Not to preach water and drink wine

    ReplyDelete