Monday 7 January 2013

Truth



I don’t know what the New Year holds, but I do have a more deeper hunger and thirst for God. 

The loss of my nephew last year did to an extent throw me off guard as far as my relationship with God is concerned. But I must say that I am grateful that how I feel about God does not mean that God feels the same about me. His word tells me how He feels about me. Oh...He loves me..and more...

I have one major commitment in life. To know God.  Many times I here people say- Here I am Lord use me! I am sorry, but I do not seem to fall in that category quite often. My prayer is more of, here I am Lord, I want to know you, change me for yourself, and I want to walk in habitual fellowship with you.
This brings me to the next questions.
  •  How do you walk in habitual fellowship with someone that you don’t know more so if what you think you know about them is not the actual truth?
  •  How do you love someone deeply and intimately unless you know how they love to be loved?

Jesus said- if you love me, OBEY my commandments. Period.

Back to walking and having a deep an intimate relationship with God- During one of the days that we gathered to comfort my bro and sis for the loss of their son, my nephew, one pastor came and said “God is good and He does good”.  Those words were sort of amplified in my heart and I remember whispering to to God like – Really? You are good and you do good, even at this moment? 

Now, as the year begins I have a deep thirst to know God. To know Him and to relate with Him in Truth and to interact with the truth of whom He really is. I think through our experiences and socialization we can easily develop deep deceptive notions of who God is. And these deceptions hinder our walk/intimacy with God.

So this year I begin my journey.So far I have learnt and am meditating through the study of His word on certain truths about God;

  •  God does not delight in wickedness : Psalm 5:4
  • God is good and does good Psalm 119:68
  • God is rigidly righteous Psalm 11:7
….and the learning of this Truth continues……  

By the help of the Holy Spirit I desire to reconfigure my thinking to the accurate understanding of the Truth of who God is. Why? I am committed to walking with Him- I need to Know Him if I am to walk Him intimately.  

1 comment:

  1. You are so right - to walk with Him, we must come to know Him. At times, when that task seems so difficult, I think of what Paul wrote:

    But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. (1 Corinthians 2:9-12)

    Yes - He will provide, freely given, as we seek. You have a blessed journey before you. May God direct your path, always.

    ReplyDelete