Wednesday 23 January 2013

Day of a working Mum.



Well, I don’t know how your days look like as a Mum but mine can be busy. What truly amazes me is purely Gods’ grace through the seasons of life, the changes, the struggle to balance and to keep priorities right.

This is how my normal day looks like:
 
Wake up: 4:30am - I like to spend a minimum of one hour bonding with God, prayer and bible reading. Not that I don’t bond during other hours, but this time is really important for me, like so dear to me. Sometimes it extends to more than an hour and I love to just be led of the Holy Spirit so be it…

5:30am or there about– I catch up with office work, respond to mails and just finish up previous work that could have needed my attention before the day begins. 

6:35am – Joint prayers with my hubby 

6:45am – I take a shower and dress up for the day. 

7:00 am - Serve kids breakfast (when they wake up it better be on the table)and prepare any snacks they may need to carry

7:15 am -Wake up kids, have breakfast, dress them up- (this time is super chaotic, sometimes we have to change our own clothes, Kids throw up on us, sneeze right in front of you with a full mouth of food, their pour breakfast on themselves-meaning change of clothes and the like, sometimes, it can just be wonderful and rather the opposite, however no day is the same. 

8:00am- Off to drop kids to school and head to work straight after dropping them 

(I will not give you the details of my day but for those of you who wonder what i do...please check here. Anyway,  I have set two alarms , one for mid day and another for 3pm)  These alarms are meant to bring my attention back to God...I simply realized that a whole day could pass without even having a simple thought about God. To tell you the truth, God really matters in my life, whether I am working or not…sometimes the alarm goes off when I am in meeting and I whisper in my heart– ‘God I love you and you mean so much to me”…sometimes I say – “ God I am Kinda bored in this meeting but help me and give me wisdom”,  other times – “God, this day is really not turning out well please give me wisdom, I tell it all to Him… 

5:30 am -Leave office and back home hopefully if the jam is not bad, I get home by 6:00pm. Depending on who is home early, homework needs to be checked and school books sighed to verify that work was done. 

7:00pm- We all have dinner together – if one of us is late we still proceed and the other joins in.

7:45pm- Hubby and I bath the kids (another special time- cries and yells and the like) - Oh but other times, singing and dancing and rejoicing 

8:10pm- Prayers and bible reading with the children 

8:20pm – Kids off to bed

8:20pm- Pack some of their bags ready for next morning and just do a good round the house to see how things are

8:45pm – Take evening shower

9:00pm- Watch 9”0clcok news (sometimes not)

10:00pm Bed Time (by this time, I am really worn out)

And I praise God for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment