Saturday 10 March 2012

A Proud Wife/Mum

The other day I joined my hubby to a project site in Nyahururu. For those of you not aware, my hubby is an architect and a lecturer of construction management -at a University in Kenya.

I thank God for him, his dedication and commitment to his work. It has taken me a while to appreciate what work means to my husband and how it all boils to the driving need of taking care of his family. I have come to enjoy what my husband does and appreciate all the effort he puts in place to make sure that Mum and kids are fine. I am sure the kids are proud of him as well, if they could only express it!
So just a few pictures on site.
From left to right, the contractor, MY HUBBY, the electrical engineer and the civil structural engineer-its good she is a lady, we have few of those.(me and gender and talking there)
The pool. He did a good one here!
My hubby scratching his head. I hope all is well.
I liked this edge of the pool.
See the cottages
Told you i like this edge of the pool...flows down very well.
There are three different types of cottages. My hubby did some good job here! this is just one type.
A close look at one of the tented cottages. I must sleep here soon...a unique blend of safari tent and old English
The lodge is designed on an old English theme, this here is the main reception and dining designed as castle and has a Lords' room at the top. 
This lodge will soon be a hit in Nyahururu and I am very proud of my hubby as the  team leader/consultant

3 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! His design captured both the old ways into a modern cottage - excellent way to give a history lesson. You say 'lodge' and 'cottage' -- I take it these were built for people taking holiday? For our vacations? That must be a large project. I like the posts in the pool that allow one to 'walk' on water. Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that pool looks amazing!! i could jump in right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! looks really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete